Steve Barton became known to theatregoers for originating the role of Raoul in Andrew Lloyd Webber's West End production of
'The Phantom Of The Opera' in 1986. He later went on to star as the Phantom in the Broadway production in 1990. Most of his career was spent in Europe where he starred in 'Cats', 'Beauty And The Beast' and the phenomenally
successful 'Tanz Der Vampire'. Tragically, Steve passed away in July 2001 at the age of 47.
This compendium of songs showcases Steve Barton as a song stylist performing material from the musicals 'Someone Like You' and 'Emma', his final recordings. Steve's love for Brel is represented in his interpretations of 'If You Go Away', 'The Port Of Amsterdam' and 'Jackie' alongside familiar Cole Porter classics such as 'It's Delovely' and 'Begin The Beguine'.
This very special collection of unreleased recordings appropriately concludes with a song written and performed by his son Edward in a tribute to this father.
01. SOMEONE LIKE YOU (from 'Someone Like You')
02. BELOVED with Sadie Nine (from 'Emma')
03. GLORY featuring Dee Shipman, Nigel Williams and Roger Webb (from 'Emma')
04. PUTTIN ON THE RITZ (from 'Puttin On The Ritz') [LISTEN]
05. I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN (from 'Born To Dance')
07. THE PORT OF AMSTERDAM
08. SCOTCH & SODA
09. IT'S DE-LOVELY (from 'Anything Goes')
10. IF YOU GO AWAY (NE ME QUITTE PAS)
11. BEGIN THE BEGUINE (from 'Jubilee')
12. THE FACE WITH WHICH YOU LEAVE
13. MOTHER TERESA
14. REACH OUT - with Brian Sutherland
15. (IT'S) ONLY FOR A WHILE - with Sadie Nine (from 'Emma')
16. HOPEFULLY - Edward Barton